Listen Live

HomeNewsThree injured in Fruitvale house fire

Three injured in Fruitvale house fire

Three people needed to be taken to hospital after a house fire in Fruitvale Monday night.

Regional Fire Chief Terry Martin says a pot had been left unattended on the stove.

Crews contained the fire to the kitchen area.

Martin says if a pot does ignite on a stove and the fire is small then putting the lid on can smother the flames. But if it’s large you have to get out of the house and call 911.

- Advertisement -

The homeowners rescue pets and Martin says fortunately none of those were hurt.

*Picture – a rescued ferret needed oxygen after smoke inhalation

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading