NewsRegional News Nelson firefighters respond to false alarm SHARE ON: Wylie Henderson, staff Sunday, Apr. 15th, 2018 Nelson Fire & Rescue Service are thankful to those who called to report a fire at a building on Morgan Street this morning, even though there wasn’t actually a fire. Just before 11:30 am crews were called to the 104 Morgan Street with reports of flames on the roof. Two on-duty members responded followed by chief Len MacCharles and four off-duty members. They didn’t find any smoke or flames but saw a large orange sodium-vapour light which was illuminated on the roof. Crews believe the callers mistook the light for flames and rising steam as smoke. The fire department is thanking the people who called it in. They say it’s better to call early and find nothing than to call later and find a substantially increased fire.