Listen Live

HomeRegional NewsHydro line sparks Nelson house fire

Hydro line sparks Nelson house fire

The Nelson Fire Department wants residents to manage any foliage around their house and nearby power lines.

This after a crew responded to a fire just before 2 am Wednesday to find the line running service to the property had burned off and there was charring to the fascia and soffits.

Captain Jeff Hebert says it is a good idea to keep any low hanging branches brushed back.

…that includes reducing coniferous vegetation within three meters of your property.

Hebert explains if there was a nearby wildfire affecting the area – removing any fuels would dramatically reduce the risks of your home catching alight.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading