Listen Live

HomeRegional NewsSHSS fire heat contained to bathroom:Fire Dept

SHSS fire heat contained to bathroom:Fire Dept

The Castlegar Fire Department is describing the scene following yesterday’s blaze at Stanley Humphries Secondary School.

Deputy Chief Sam Lattanzio says the fire was extinguished by the school’s Principal before crews arrived.

He says when they entered they found a lot of smoke in the hallways and considerable fire damage to the boy’s bathroom where the blaze originated.

Lattanzio says the investigation is now in the hands of the RCMP.

The school was evacuated safely Wednesday and remains closed today for clean up.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading