Listen Live

HomeNewsSnagged power line sparks house fire in Nelson

Snagged power line sparks house fire in Nelson

Damage is estimated at $20,000 after a fire in the basement of a home in Nelson yesterday morning.

It happened in the 800 block of Victoria St.

Assistant fire chief Mike Daloise says a backhoe was working next door.

Nelson Hydro was on the scene quickly to shut the power off so firefighters could go to work.

Everyone got out safely thanks to a smoke alarm.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading