An ammonia spill at the NDCC Arena in Nelson Tuesday night prompted a quick evacuation.
The fire department moved in with hazmat suites and dealt with the problem.
Fire Chief Len MacCharles says it happened around 10-30 pm. About a dozen hockey players got out and their initial priority was to locate a missing member of staff.
MacCharles says the injuries are not serious.
Fumes from a large container of diluted ammonia outside got into the building’s air intake .
It was the second hazmat response for the fire department in as many days after they cleaned out nitric acid from a home on Vernon Street Monday.