The RDCK has launched an internal investigation into Tuesday night’s ammonia leak at the NDCC Arena in Nelson.
The building was evacuated and a member of staff suffered minor burns when ammonia spilled from a container while he was working on the ice refrigeration system.
The Fire Department says fumes got into the air intake.
The RDCK says they’re working with the BC Safety Authority and Worksafe BC, as well as their safety committee to determine all the facts in the incident.
The Fire Department responded quickly and crews donned Hazmat suites to deal with the spill.