Listen Live

HomeNewsNelson home cleared after chemical issue

Nelson home cleared after chemical issue

Tenants in a downtown Nelson home and the immediate neighbours can breathe easy again after the chemical scare earlier this week.

Nitric acid was discovered in the Vernon Street rental forcing an evacuation. The fire department moved in with special Hazmat gear.

Fire Chief Len MacCharles says the product is not connected with the existing tenants.

The Nelson Police said their initial investigation suggests copper wire from the home may have been stolen and the nitric acid used to strip away insulation.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading